Eventbrite is an Event Management and Registration service. They provide the ticketing and payment platform for organizers.
To be able to import content from Eventbrite, you will need an API key. Signing up for an account is free.
To get your Eventbrite API key, follow these steps:
1. Sign up for an account at https://www.eventbrite.com/signin/
2. When asked for a Package, choose Essentials by clicking on the Get Started Free link.
3. After registration, you will be logged in immediately and sent to a Create an Event form. You will not be creating an event. Instead, go to your Account Settings by clicking on your Profile in the upper right side of the page. You can also go to the URL, https://www.eventbrite.com/account/.
4. The Create an Event form will then be cancelled and you will be asked to confirm the cancellation. Click on Leave to proceed.
5. Once in the Account Settings page, click on Email Preferences to disable all notifications that you may not be interested in. Click on Save Preferences when done.
6. Still in the Account Settings page, click on App Management under the Developer section. Then click on the button, CREATE A NEW APP.
7. You will be sent to a page called, Request a new key. Fill in the required information as in the example below:
- First Name: John
- Last Name: Doe
- Application URL: Your website’s URL, for example: https://wpautocontent.com
- Application Name: WP Auto Content
- Description: Automatically imports events via the WP Auto Content WordPress plugin.
- Click Create Key
8. Your API key will then be displayed in your App Management page. An email containing your Eventbrite API key will also be sent. Copy this key.
9. Paste the key into your WP Auto Content Settings. Click Save All Changes when done.
10. You are done. You may now log out of your Eventbrite account.